Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player


Section 33 of Bombay Police Act 1951 empowers C.P./D.M. to make rules for requlation of traffic and for preservation of order in public places. Establishments / organisers providing entertainment in the form of dramatice / mimetice / dance or similar performances are required to obtain proper license from the competent authority under the rules referred to above.
Ans :
What is the meaning of 'Eating House'?
'Eating House' means any place to which the public are admitted, and where any kind of food or drink is supplied for consumption in the premises by any person owing or having an interest in or managing such place, and include a refreshment room, boarding-house, coffee-house or a shop where any kind of food or drink is supplied to the public for consumption in or near such shop, but does not include "placeof public entertainment".(Please refer section 2(5 A) of B P Act 1951).
Ans :
What is the meaning of the term 'place of public entertainment'?
Place of public entertainment means a lodging house, boarding and lodging house or residential hotel and includes any eating house in which any kind of liquor or intoxicating drug is supplied (such as a tavern, a wine shop, a beer shop or a spirit/ arrack/ toddy/ ganja/ bhang/ opium shop) to the public for consumption in or near such place. (Please refer section 2 (10) of Bombay Police Act, 1951).

A PPEL license is required to be obtained by all such establishments from the competent

When a person of a female is to be examined under this section, the examination shall be made only by, or under the supervision of, a female registered medical practitioner.

As per section 56 of Cr.P.C., A police officer making an arrest without warrant shall, without unnecessary delay and subject to the provisions herein contained as to bail, take or send the person arrested before a Magistrate having jurisdiction in the case or before the officer in-charge of a police station.

As per section 57 of Cr.P.C., No police officer shall detain in custody a person arrested without warrant for a longer period than under all the circumstances of the case is reasonable, and such period shall not, in the absence of a special order of a Magistrate under section 167, exceed 24 hours exclusive of the time necessary for the journey from the place of arrest to the Magistrate's Court.

As per section 151 of Cr.P.C'., a person can also be arrested to prevent commission of cognizable offences.
Ans :
What is meant by "Bailable / Non-bailable offences"?
1. Under the Code of Criminal Procedure 1973 (first shedule), offences have been classified as 'bailable' and
    'non-bailable' offences.
2. In the case of bailable offences, it is binding upon the investigating officer to grant bail. However, in case of
    a non-bailable offence, the police can not grant bail and bail can be granted by a Judicial Magistrate/Judge
3. In case of bailable offences, if the accused produces proper surety, and fulfills other conditions, it is binding
    upon the Investigating officer to grant bail.
4. In the case of a non-bailable offence, the Investigating Officer must produce the accused before the
    Judicial Magistrate / Judge concerned within 24 hours of his arrest. At that time, the accused has
    a right to apply for bail.
The above terms and conditions are subject to change as per State Government rules and amendments made by the Licencing Authority from time to time. The Licencing Authority may ask for any other necessary documents if required other than mentioned above.
Home | Hall of Fame | Welfare Activities | Crime Statestics | FAQ's | Important Contacts   |
©2016. All Rights Reserved.
Designed & Developed by Khoj Infotech