Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ans :
Do I need permission for using loud speakers?
Yes. You should obtain permission from concerned C.P/ S.P./ District Magistrate for sound amplification under rules made under sec 33 of B.P. Act, 1951. Such a permission is required to be taken for private/ public functions held in private / public places.

Authority (CP/DM) under the rules made under section 33 of B P Act 1951.( PI refer Rules for Licensing and Controlling Places of Public entertainment 1953 for Greater Mumbai) :
There are two classes for obtaining licence for Place of public entertainment classified as class "A" (to sell a liquor, toddy, or any intoxicating drug) and class "B" (For residential Hotels and Lodging Houses)
Ans :
What is the meaning of the term 'place of public Amusement'?
Place of public Amusement means any place where music, singing, dancing, or any diversion or game, or the means of carrying on the same, is provided and to which the public are admitted either on payment of money or with the intention that money may be collected from those admitted and includes a race course, circus, theatre, music hall, billiard room, bagatelle room, gymnasium, fencing school, swimming pool or dancing hall.(Please refer Rules for licensing and controlling places of public amusements (other than cinemas) and performances for public amusement, including melas and tamasha's, 1960 for Greater Mumbai).
Ans :
What is meant by premises and performance license?
A Premises and Performance license means a license is required to be obtained for all performances which would include live music, band, orchestra, drama, circus or any other type of performance in a public place under Rules for Licensing and Controlling Places of Public Amusement (other than Cinemas) and Performances for Public Amusement including Melas and Tamashas, 1960 .The Commissioner of Police and the D.M. are empowered to grant such licenses.
The above terms and conditions are subject to change as per State Government rules and amendments made by the Licencing Authority from time to time. The Licencing Authority may ask for any other necessary documents if required other than mentioned above.
Home | Hall of Fame | Welfare Activities | Crime Statestics | FAQ's | Important Contacts   |
©2016. All Rights Reserved.
Designed & Developed by Khoj Infotech