Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

FAQ's Go Karting

Go Karting

Ans :

I wish to start a go karting establishment. What are the licenses I require?
You require a Premises license, a Ticket selling license and Performance license.

Ans :

Which authority issue these license?
The Premises license and Ticket-selling license are issued by the office of the Commissioner of Police. The Performance license is issued by the office of the Commissioner of Police Thane.

Ans :

What do I need to do in order to procure these licenses?
You will have to make an application on plain paper affixing a court fee stamp of Rs. 5 on it  and submit the application to the Commissioner of Police Office Thane.

Ans :

What are the requirements to start the said business?
You will have to submit the following documents along with your application:
1.  The plan (map) showing details of the premises where the go-kart will be
     played. The map should also show the number of lanes.
2.  Geographical location of the site (showing road approach building/adjoining 
     the proposed place i.e. on east, west, north and south sides). The plan
     should be  drawn by the Registrar of architect with his counter signature.
3.  Certificate or receipt of fire fighting equipment installed in the proposed
4.  Documents showing ownership/title/rights of the premises
5.  If the premises are rented, then  NOCs from the concerned landlord stating
     that he does not have any objection starting the said activities.
6.  NOC from the Fire Brigade office.
7.  NOC from the Health Department of CONCERNED CORPORATION .
8.  If there is telephone, then a certificate from the MTNL office.
9.  NOC from the Electrical Inspector.
10. Number of Karts
11. Undertaking regarding not installing gambling activities.


Ans :

I don't have all these required documents at present. Can I submit them afterwards?
Unless you submit these documents, your application will not be processed and you cannot start the business  by submitting an incomplete application.

Ans :

I have submitted all the documents. Are there any other requirements?
After receipt of all the required documents, the application will be processed. Enquiries will be made by the concerned Police station regarding suitability of the place as well as on the law and order situation.

Ans :

What about enquiries regarding suitability of the place?
Enquiries will be made by the concerned/local Police station on the following points:
1.  Whether the place is surrounded by narrow streets (Street less than 40 feet
     in width).
2.  Whether the place is situated in a predominantly commercial areas; a license will not be granted if the premises are used exclusively for residential purposes.
3.  Even in case of predominantly commercial areas, preference will be given to
     places of public amusement that are situated in the premises or compounds
     of  big residential hotels.
4.  A license will not  be granted if the place is situated in the close vicinity of a
     place of religious worship, educational institutions like schools, colleges,
     coaching classes etc. (‚Äúin the vicinity‚ÄĚ means within the parameter of 75
5.  A license will not be granted  if noise or sound created in the premises is
     audible from a distance of 15 feet (4. metres). 
6.  The amusement parlor should not be opened before 8.00 a.m. and should not run beyond 11.00 p.m.
7.  A license will not be issued if a similar place of amusement exists within a
     radius of 75 meters.
8.  The distance between two machines should not be less than 30 centimeters.
9.  Machines should be installed on either side of the room with the rear end facing the wall. If this is the case then there should be a minimum distance of two meters between the two rows so that adequate space would be available for the face movement of players.
10. If the entrance of the place is not located at the end of the two walls of the room but at the side near to any wall, there should be a minimum distance of 2 meters between the door and the first machine near the door.

Ans :

Under which rules do you issue the license and the documents required for it? 
Rules for Licensing and Controlling Places of Public Amusement (other than cinemas) and Performances for Public Amusements including Melas and Tamashas,1960.

Ans :

How long will the process take?
The process will take minimum 30 to 45 days from the date of submission of all the required documents.

Ans :

What is the license fee structure?
The fee structure is as under:
Premises license fees Rs. 1000 per machine/per kart (per month)
Ticket selling fees Rs. 100 per year
Performance license fees (this will be collected by the Divisional Asstt. Commissioner of police.)


Ans :

If the report of the Police station is negative, what would be the result of my application?
If the report is negative or your application is rejected, you will be given a personal hearing.

Ans :

What is the procedure for renewal of the license?                                         You have to make an application along with a copy of the license one month prior to the expiry of the license and also submit valid NOC's along with the application. Enquiries will be made through the concerned Police station and after the receipt of the enquiry report, you will be intimated.

Ans :

What are the renewal charges?
Same as license fees.

     The above terms and conditions are subject to change as per State Government rules and amendments made by the Licencing Authority from time to time. The Licencing Authority may ask for any other necessary documents if required other than mentioned above.  

Home | Hall of Fame | Welfare Activities | Crime Statestics | FAQ's | Important Contacts   |
©2016. All Rights Reserved.
Designed & Developed by Khoj Infotech